Mango Juice act as a cooling agent for mind and body in the season of summers. We do drink preserved Mango juices available in the market, but they have less quantity of mangoes and contains preservatives and colour in it. So lets make preservative-less and colourless Mango Juice at home.
Ingredients for Mango Juice
- Ripe Mangoes – 5-6 (1.5 kgs.)
- Lemon – 7 (250 gms.)
- Sugar – 5 cup (1 kg.)
Method – How to make Mango Juice Recipe
Take out the sugar in a bowl and add 500 gms (21/2 cup water in it). Keep the bowl on the stove to boil the water. Let it boil for 5-6 minutes to make one string sweet syrup. Now turn off the flame and let the syrup cool down.
Wash the mangoes, peel them and take out their pulp in a separate bowl. Put the pulp into the mixer and make a thick paste of it. squeeze out the lemon juice in a small bowl.
Put the mango pulp and lemon juice into the syrup once it cools down. Miox them well and then sieve the mixture. Fill this juice in a bottle and store in the refrigerator. You can consume this juice for atleast 1 month. whenever you want to drink it, take 1 part of the concentrated mango juice and mix 5 times the quantity of water into it. Mix the water with the juice well and put some ice-cubes over it to chill.
Your fresh home-made Mango Juice is ready. Give them to your kids when they come after the school or whenever they feel like drinking something cold and chilled in this scorching summer heat.
How to make the Mango Juice instantly.
Yopu can make Mango Juice instantly. Take out the pulp of 250 gms mangoes and put them into the mixer along with 4 table spoon sugar, lemon juice, 3 glass of water and run the mixer. Sieve the mixture and pour the juice in a glass topped up with some ice-cubes to make it chill.
- Always use chilled mango and chilled water for juicing
- Do not thin out the juice (like maza or slice) by adding more water otherwise, it dilutes the mango flavor. Those store-bought mango drinks have artificial flavors added, so it has a fruity taste even though they have a super thin consistency.
- Straining the mango juice is optional if you have used non-fibrous verity. Otherwise straining is a must. Getting a mango fiber here and there while drinking juice is not pleasant.
- Instead of plain water, you can use coconut water or orange juice.
- Mango juice should be consumed fresh within a day.
- If stored then it loses its nutritional value and freshness. Plus, the taste also changes a little bit.